There is a small tree at the corner of our property and underneath it was looking really disheveled and in need of some work. We went to home depot and got some soil, mulch, and flowers.
First we had to take out all the weed, grass and old flower bed somewhere under this mess.
We thought this would take 2 seconds but in reality it was about 2 hours. Who knew how many creepy crawlers lived in this little part of our yard. I killed as many spiders as I possibly could. Sorry but it had to be done. The less spiders out there, the less spiders in my house.
And then we put in the flowers...
Can't remember what these flowers are called but they are a pretty blue and grow up to 12 inches high and 15 inches wide. I can't wait to see what they end up looking like fully grown.
Then the mulch!
We had so much fun! It was a sunny 55 degree weather day and we enjoyed spending the afternoon outside. I'll tell you what...this is our favorite tree! We will have a drink on the deck later to admire our work :)
We will continue to do more every weekend as much as we can! Now it's time to sit on the couch with a glass of wine :)
No comments:
Post a Comment